Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The iPhone & Parents pick names that are Googleable

I am a bit behind in finding interesting things to write about. Actually I was recently told to not look for stuff to write about and it will eventually overtime come to me. This next article I found while listening to This Week in Tech aka TWiT. I usually do not listen to that particular podcast but wanted to find out what all the fuss was about that caused Apple to release a press release on the iPhone. Some of the news on websites reported that John C Dvorak criticized Apple for coming out with an iPhone with poor battery life and a highly scratch-able touch screen. After listening to half the Podcast I came to the conclusion that John C Dvorak was hypothesizing in his usual cynical self. In no way was he trying to bash Apple like most of the media tried to push the story. In fact, John C Dvorak stated the he "loves Apple" and is looking forward to the release of the iPhone and the future success of the company. He also later went on and thought the stock still had tremendous growth prior to the split. I forget the exact figure but I believe he thinks the stock could reach something in the ballpark of $160-180 before a split. Please keep in mind Apple's stock has already split since the release of the iPod about four or five years ago.

Okay enough rambling... While listening to TWiT I learned that parents are picking names for their children that are unique enough to find in a google search. The logic is that potential employers can find a resume and/or accomplishments by Googling a name. However, you may want to hide your myspace/facebook page that shows excessive drinking party photos.

No comments: